How to Make Beautifully Formatted Excel Spreadsheets Very Quickly
Mastering formatting and dates: merging cells, wrapping text, calculate percentages, conditional formatting,change date formatting, sort and calculate dates etcWatch Promo
I used to be an accountant and financial controller and I made beautiful spreadsheets all day long for many years.
Learn the basics and more advanced techniques such as conditional formatting. This allows you to do some amazing things such as highlighting negative cells as red so that they stand out. I also show you how to add data bars and color scales to your column of numbers which really brings your data alive and makes it much easier to understand the numbers.
Also learn how to format dates many different ways including adding the day of the week to the date.
What you’ll learn
- How to format cells and tables beautifully and quickly
- How to merge cells
- How to wrap text
- How to copy formats with format painter
- How to do conditional formatting
- How to do data bars
- How to format a table with a few clicks
- How to calculate with percentages
- How to change date formats
- How to sort by date
- How to find the length of time between two dates
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- Have Excel for Windows installed. If you use a Mac, some of the commands and icons will be different.
- Have at least a basic knowledge of Excel eg how to copy and paste, create new sheets etc. If you are a complete beginner, then I recommend you work through my Excel Quick Start Course first
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Excel users who want to know how to format beautifully and quickly, and use date
I have used Excel extensively over the last 25 years in my career as an accountant in industry. I used to set up massive spreadsheets so that every month, I just to used to push a button and generate the monthly accounts with summary and detailed pages with graphs.
It saved me so much time, and work, and made life very easy. Also it eliminated any human error, so the accounts were always accurate, which avoided any embarrassing incidents.
I really love Excel, so decided to become a trainer, and help others learn to produce the same results in a fraction of the time.